Monday 22 April 2019

Salute 2019 Part5

There were a couple of stands that really made my day and for very different reasons.

I decided to take my time and cover as much as I could and between the waves of crowds of fans and dodgy camera pictures, in the end, I got some images of these stands.

First one was Atlantis Miniatures.

I was following this company online, they do kick-starters and the miniatures are for the most part digitally sculpted, 2 things that most of the time is a major turn off for me. I don't do kick-starters and 3d digital sculpting results are more of a miss than a hit IMO, I mostly love organic shapes and 3d is kind of samey and crude… Except when done right, which is the case here.

The miniatures design is quite good, poses dynamic, scale huge on the big critters yet detailed as the smaller dwarfs. They actually look fun to paint with unique poses etc. They are not rushed jobs.

Another clever thing was they released orcs on Salute taking advantage of the event hype, plenty of companies did not bother with that which is a missed chance really.

In short the packaging, design, logos, sculpts, casts, style, hype was all there and I wish them the best on their upcoming ogres kick-starter. This company did all they could to keep us interested. Overall one of the best examples why Salute is such a good event to attend.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.