Saturday 27 April 2019

Salute 2019 Part6

Salute is all about having fun and the following stand is simply just that! Fun and pure quality minis that keep you coming back for more. For sure this was one of my favourite stands this year.

It's difficult to describe when something just feels right but Northumbrian Miniatures with their Nightfolk miniatures range just does it for me.

I first discovered this company a couple years ago at Salute. Back then they had released their miniatures and was amazing to see the style and quality for such new range. But above all was the business vision behind it, I mean no kick-starters, 3d print, renders. It was what its supposed to be, good product finished and ready to be sold … a few years down the line and they are doing it better, its to no surprise that I'm always positively impressed to see the new releases.

The thing I love about this hobby is finding minis that make me smile, the "problem" with Nightfolk  is that almost every singe one of them do that. These miniatures are for the most part one piece of white metal with an old school vibe but still quite fresh concept wise.

The stand has increased its footprint in comparison with previous years and now displays plenty of old but also new blisters.



 The man itself, his expression says it all. I always like to stop for 5 or so minutes and have a little chat, I don't want to take too much time from him away from business, but I feel we could talk for hours about the hobby.



The old range keeps on growing and growing…







 I did not attend last year when these bird men and evil gnomes were released… so yeah they just had to be part of my collection. See when I say minis that make you smile :D Pure genius.



To  keep up with momentum they released the new box set for Nightfolk! The guardians of the Riverbank has 2 factions, 10 minis and dices and I believe they were quite popular. A clever use of Salute hype and new releases.








A couple more official pictures with clearer images of the gnomes and crow, from last year, that got into my loot bag and made me happy.


My favourite miniature of all  show was this gnome.



It's so rewarding to see a small company that took the risk and invested their own funds to produce such nice miniatures growing each year. This for me is the classical example everyone should aim for and as far as I can I will support it.
Traditionally sculpted one piece miniatures, clever design cast in heavy white metal that keeps all the detail sharp, positive attitude, always new things to check out and miniatures that put a BIG smile in your face.

This is the real deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.